After struggling for years with my weight, I decided that the best way to motivate myself was to share my journey with others. This means brutal honesty, folks, and you'll probably learn more about me than you ever needed to know. :D My story is not any different than all the other people out struggling with the same thing, but I'm going to show myself, and you, that this is possible. And I'm gonna document every moment to prove it.

Struggling with the same thing? Want to share your journey?
Please feel free to talk with me, either by sending a comment or by visiting my facebook page which you can get to by clicking that picture of me down below.

Friday, July 23, 2010

DAY EIGHT: July 23, 2010

Weigh In: 237 lbs (damn, I got a pound back. :[ )

I am SO tired today. I had a really productive day, and accomplished things I've been meaning to for a while, and tomorrow is going to be much the same. Lots to do.

I'm finding suitable substitutes for most of my cravings. Today I was really craving sweet, and watermelon was a really good and refreshing way of sort of staving that off. I know it has a lot of sugar, but at least it's natural sugar and mostly water so it kept me well hydrated.

For salt, I found a pickle to be super awesome. Anyone that knows me knows I LOVE pickles. Never really can get enough, and for 5 calories it suits the salt craving just fine.

The only thing I haven't found a delicious healthy substitute for yet is the grease craving (i.e. fried foods and the double double I've been obsessed with for the past week) and let's face it, there's really not a way to do grease healthily. So I suppose I'll just have to train myself off. It's difficult.

Food Intake:
  • 1 piece whole wheat toast with Sugar Free Apricot Preserves ( 189 calories)
  • Watermelon, 4 cups (182 calories)
  • 2 oz Beef Jerky (140 calories)
  • Spinach Salad with Light Raspberry Vinagrette (138 calories)
  • Half a Salami Sandwich (326 calories)
  • Dill Pickle (5 calories)
Total Caloric Intake: 1120 calories

Fitness Log:
  • 15 minutes of Cardio in the morning

No comments:

Post a Comment