After struggling for years with my weight, I decided that the best way to motivate myself was to share my journey with others. This means brutal honesty, folks, and you'll probably learn more about me than you ever needed to know. :D My story is not any different than all the other people out struggling with the same thing, but I'm going to show myself, and you, that this is possible. And I'm gonna document every moment to prove it.

Struggling with the same thing? Want to share your journey?
Please feel free to talk with me, either by sending a comment or by visiting my facebook page which you can get to by clicking that picture of me down below.

Friday, July 16, 2010

DAY ONE: July 16, 2010

Weigh In: 243 lbs (Yikes! That's the heaviest I've ever been. :/ )


Today's the first day of the rest of my life! Starting today, I'm going to get back in to the shape and stop making excuses. Now this is not to say that I have low self-esteem as a bigger girl. I don't. I love myself, and weight or no weight I think I'm quite attractive. I just know I can do better for myself. Help myself live longer and fuller and maybe enjoy the things that I can't do now. Like camping, or hiking or running. I'm only twenty years old, I have a whole life ahead of me, I want to look forward to marriage and kids and chasing youngsters off of my lawn with a cane. And I can't do that if I stay trapped in this body.

So here's the plan. I keep a very public food and fitness diary with absolutely no cheating. If I fall off of the wagon and have a hot fudge sundae with extra oreos and caramel sauce, I have to log it. If I'm too lazy to excersise and I don't that day, I have to log that too. There will be no "Oh yeah, I did a million sit-ups today" posts if I'm laying in my bed watching Star Trek. I need to stop lying to myself about how much activity I get and how much food I eat. Yay, honesty.

I'll update throughout the day, there will be no regularity to my posts at all, I'll just write something when I feel I need to.

Update 11:30 PM : I did really well today. I kept to what I wanted, which is to stay under 1500 calories and excersise at least a half an hour a day. I even went out to the mall where the food court was just /waiting/ to get me, but I kept my willpower super strong and didn't eat anything else because I didn't need it. I'm proud of myself. Yay!

Food Intake:

(The Calorie Counter I use is iGoogle's)
  • 1 glass white grape juice ( 160 calories)
  • Brown Rice with Celery, Scrambled Egg and Green Onion, cooked in olive oil (310 Calories)
  • Spinach Salad with Tomato and Cucumber and Italian Vinagrette (170 calories)
  • Spaghetti Squash with a red wine tomato basil sauce, mushrooms, zucchini and shrimp and Salad Caprese (683 Calories)
  • Strawberries and Cream (127 Calories)
Total Caloric Intake: 1450 Calories

Fitness Log:
  • Approximately 35 Minutes of morning excersise (jogging in place, sit-ups, cherry pickers, arm circles, the stuff we learned in gym class.) I have a playlist on youtube that's about 35 minutes long, and I just made sure I kept moving the entire time. I also did stretches before and after to make sure I didn't hurt myself.

  • Playlist is as follows: "Better Version of Me" by Fiona Apple (3:01), Eye of the Tiger by Survivor (4:00), Survivor by Destiny's Child (4:17), Pressiong On by Relient K (3:59), Handlebars by the Flobots (3:39), Devil's Dance Floor by Flogging Molly (4:04), Headstrong by Trapt (4:46), Points of Authority by Linkin Park (3:33), Mad World by Tears for Fears (3:47) and Don't Stop Believing by The Cast of Glee (4:16)
  • Gentle Stretching and meditation for 25 minutes prior to going to bed. Burned incense (Amber) and listened to a mix of a thunderstorm that I made here: http://www.soundsleeping.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment